[Xerte] Re: getTime oddness

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 17:00:30 BST 2011

Just for archives clarity.

myVar = new Date().getTime();
debug(myVar); //undefined

myVar = (new Date()).getTime();

debug(myVar); //1301590743993

From: Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
To: Mike.Baker at RelianceInteractive.com; xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:48:47 +0100
Subject: [Xerte] Re: getTime oddness

It's a runtime interpreter. It tokenises the code as it executes it. I've never fully understood the whole lexing / tokenising process: the code is in the XMLEngine.fla. There is the odd scenario it chokes on, but seven years on and must be several million
 lines of execution later, I'm happy to say it mostly works!

I would have hought that is what's happening, yes, and why myVar = new Date().getTime(); works.