[Xerte] Re: Some Modification Questions in Page Wizards (attn. JK)

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 7 15:54:12 GMT 2011

Hello Deborah,

Is the example a Page Wizard based example or a pageTemplates example? I am
puzzled by the appearance of a second sound player control when I clicked on
to the hot spots. I created a page using the page wizard and this did not
happen in the Page Wizard based page.

With respect to pictures in the Gap Fill then the wizard does not support
the addition of a picture.

It is certainly possible to modify the page to add a picture and event to
alter the wizard to add a picture.

As a starter if you create a page based on the gapfill Page Wizard you can
then expand the gapFill model for the page in the project structure panel.

Add a graphic icon to it either before the panel or after the panel (before
and the picutre will be beneath the panel, after and it will be on top.

You will have to set its properties on the image icon - click on the icon
and the properties will be displayed in Xerte's property panel.

The image you want to use should be placed in the project's media folder.
The url property should be set as follows

FileLocation + 'media/boggs.jpg'

Where in this case the name of the image file is boggs.jpg
Set the x and y parameters to position your image where you want it.

If you are up for a challenge you could compare the xml and xwd files for
the Text Graphics Page Wizard to the Gap Fill Page Wizard to see how the
properties of an image are added to the xml and xwd files.

If you added the image as an optional property it would not need to be added
to the xml file.

Then you could examine the Text Graphic pages icons and properties to see
how the values are passed from the xml file to the model. That way you could
update the page from the wizard rather than editing the properties directly
on the icon.

An easy way to start learning more about how Xerte works is to make small
changes to existing Page Wizard based pages.

Kind regards

Johnathan