[Xerte] Re: Embedding Webpage in the learning object

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:41:49 GMT 2011

If you do end up using a popup:

====================== from archives/Julian
You need to modify rloObject.js and add your functions to the bottom of
it like this:

function myFunction(arg){
  alert('I am a function and my argument is ' + arg);
}

So you put your window call in the .js file, then tell it to do what you want:

function openWindow(arg){
  new_window = window.open('the_wall_url','studentstuff', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,dependent,status,width=200,height=200,left=10,top=10')
}

Then you can call the function from Xerte using getURL:
getURL('javascript:openWindow(the_wall_url);');The URL is passed as the argument
Then you can reuse that function/window to load any URL.