[Xerte] Xerte 2 - bugs in textVideo.rlm

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Mar 7 10:08:26 GMT 2011

There are a couple of bugs in the page that displays flv files
(textVideo.rlm).

1. the movie does not resize and position itself correctly. When you click
the zoom button the movie expands to fill the display space whilst remaining
in proportion. But when you click the zoom button again to shrink the movie
to its original size the movie covers the right border as it is not set to
the correct width. This fault is caused by an error in the script that is
hanging off the button icon that initiates the zoom. Line 81 of file
textVideo.rlm reads

movie.setSize(initWidth, initH);

this should be

movie.setSize(initW, initH);

2. If you add a transcript the page does not display the transcript. I have
played around a bit trying to get this working. If you move the transcript
interaction before the untitled interaction that implements the zoom
feature, and change the transcript interaction to perpetual = 1 then the
transcript will display and expand and close, but I have hit problems
positioning the transcript button and also dealing with ghost displays of
scroll bars. I want to fix these bugs in the Page Wizard but I want to avoid
the code and structure of the Page Wizard becoming significantly different
to the PageTemplates version of the page. So rather than continuing to solve
the display problems can I refer it back to the Xerte team to fix? Then I
can base the new version of the Page Wizard on the fix that you implement.

If this is acceptable then perhaps you could attach a fixed version of the
.rlm file that will be included in future downloads of Xerte that I can then
use to build my new wizard. I would like to include this fix in the next
update of the page wizards if possible.

Kind regards

Johnathan