[Xerte] Re: Problem Getting Started with Page Wizards - for attention of JK

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 2 13:34:24 GMT 2011

Hello again Deborah,

I have just noticed that you are the same Deborah who posted about Narration
problems.

The support for narration is provided at a project level rather than a page
level. Most pages have a narration property that allows a sound file to be
attached to the page, but the code that handles this is not in the page but
in an Entry Frame that is placed as the first icon off the interface.

Page Wizards gain Narration support by the inclusion of a Narration.rlm
Xerte model file, which is attached to an Entry Frame at the start of a Page
Wizard based project, This file can be downloaded from the Page Wizards page
of the Xerte wiki. However I have not updated the narration model yet in the
light of your recent discussions as I am waiting to see how things bed in
with the changes. Once I am sure the changes have finalised I will look at
their implications for the narration.rlm file that is supplied for use with
the Page Wizards.

Kind regards

Johnathan