[Xerte] wink swf file resizing

David Coast David.Coast at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 10:19:10 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to add a screen capture video to my learning object but don't
currently have a copy of captivate. I can't use jing either because I
need to be able to edit the video. I've found a free tool, wink, that I
can use, but when I try to add a captivate movie made using wink in XOT
(or in the standalone version of xerte), it seems to resize the video
and zooms in on a small part of the screen. The resolution of the video
is 685x514. I've tried to render the video in lots of different sizes
but this doesn't seem to make a difference. When I open it as a page
wizard in xerte, there doesn't seem to be any code to resize the video
that I can fiddle with. Am I best off just getting a copy of captivate?

Many thanks for your help,

David Coast

Researcher Development E-Learning Officer

The Graduate School

The University of Nottingham

+44 (0) 115 9514608

www.nottingham.ac.uk/gradschool/