[Xerte] Re: Toolkits - printing a certificate - how to?

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Tue Jun 28 16:54:56 BST 2011

Yeah, the problem with this approach is that it doesn't scale to fit the
page. My course is 800X600, and it takes up maybe a sixth of the page,
just as you experienced. And I get either grey or my stage color (I have
a black & white printer, so I can't tell) background on about 2/3 of the
page. Using printJob, as Julian mentioned, will allow you to scale the
output to fit the page better, but it will affect the quality of the
output.

I don't actually use printAsBitmapNum for printing certificates, I pass
variables to a PHP script that creates a PDF. I suggested this method as
a quick and dirty way of getting content to print easily.

If you have PHP, you can download a free library that will create PDFs.
It's called FPDF (http://www.fpdf.org/). I have a script I can send you
to use as a starting point, if you want to go that route.

Paul