[Xerte] Re: MySQL dbase diagram

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Sun Jun 26 23:16:49 BST 2011

Thanks Ron and Pat for that info/diagrams. I've attached a png diagram of a
few core tables to this message, hope it comes through.

I'm trying to understand the database design. I think I understand all in
the attached png image except am not clear on 'templaterights' (does it
restrict users only to their own templates?) and 'folderdetails'. Is this
the 'USER-FILES' folders that are created?

I don't think so.since the table contains 'recycle' bins etc.I'm wondering
where those items are physically located?

Is there any info on the chronological 'flow' (I can get my head around
that, usually) of how the tables are populated and by what user action, and
what happens when deletions in the database occurs, etc (I mean what tables
have rows deleted and what folders physically remove files?).

I've imported the dbase to SQL Server just because it's easier for me to
work with that (but I'm no DBA!). Just wondering...is anyone running
straight off SQL Server (instead of MySQL) or is this a real dumb idea?

Thanks
RonM2