[Xerte] Re: XOT Shared Settings working for some users but not others

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 22:37:31 BST 2011

Ok made some progress in identifying the difference between the test account
that works and the one that doesn't. The difference is in the folderdetails
table and I think this line:

$query_to_find_out_root_folder = "select folder_id from " .
$xerte_toolkits_site->database_table_prefix . "folderdetails where login_id
=\"" . $user_id . "\" and folder_parent=\"0\" and
folder_name!=\"recyclebin\"";

The account it was possible to share with had more than one row whereas the
other account only had one row in folderdetails and the foldername was
recyclebin.

If I edit that row in the db and change recyclebin to something else e.g.
test then sharing works with that account too.

When an account gets created is a row in folderdetails automatically created
and should that have a name other than recyclebin? I ask that because I know
there has been odd behavious in the sandpit in the past with recyclebin
appearing at the top of the workspace.

Does this point to a cause/solution?

Cheers
Ron