[Xerte] XOT Shared Settings working for some users but not others

Ron Mitchell ronm at mitchellmedia.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 16:37:46 BST 2011

Hi

I guess this might be a question for Pat...

Someone who uses the JISC Techdis XOT sandpit reported not being able to
share LO's with a colleague who has an account on the same installation. So
I tested this myself and it seems very odd...

We can give a copy of an LO to this colleague but not share.

We can share LO's with some/many users but not all. There doesn't seem to be
any commonality between who we can share with and who we can't which is
probably why this hasn't cropped up previously. That said both Pat and
Julian have accounts on the sandpit and I can't share with those either but
can with others!

I've replaced the contents of /website_code/php/properties with the latest
repository code and also with older versions neither of which have resolved
this.

Fiddler doesn't show any errors when trying to share an LO.

So I'm stumped! :-(

Anyone else had this problem? Can you share with all users on your system?

Cheers

Ron