[Xerte] Re: Embedding Videos

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:35:04 BST 2011

You could build a separate page that takes your embed code and manipulates
> that to grab the url of the .flv but if you follow your long link below in
> the browser e.g.
> https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/xml_playlist.php?id=142&height=350&image=https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/thumb/4ca4238a0b/142.jpg&width=425&location=https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/player/player.swf&logo=https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/templates/images/watermark.gif&link=http://s-moodle.midkent.ac.uk&linktarget=_blankyou'll see the link to the .flv in the xml. Just add that to the video page
> type with a single apostrophe at either end e.g. '
> https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/flvideo/4ca4238a0b/1307960288728393458.flv'
> and that should work fine. However with that example the clip was a bit too
> big so you may have to add the optional video size property to get it to
> fit.****

That's good to know and is useful to me. The problem is that our end users
are presented with the embedcode so if possible they need to be able to use
that. Following the url, finding the link and then altering it to work it
really a few steps to many.