[Xerte] Embedding Videos

Dan Attwood danattwood at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 11:50:25 BST 2011

Hi

We're trying to embed videos form our internal vshare server. The embed
codes are like:

<object width="425" height="350" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="
https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/player/player.swf"><param name="movie" value="
https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/player/player.swf"><param name="flashvars"
value="&file=
https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/xml_playlist.php?id=142&height=350&image=https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/thumb/4ca4238a0b/142.jpg&width=425&location=https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/player/player.swf&logo=https://vshare.midkent.ac.uk/templates/images/watermark.gif&link=http://s-moodle.midkent.ac.uk&linktarget=_blank
"/></object>

When I paste this into a text page the code highlights properly (ie the
object tags are in red) but when I play the page the video isn't loading.
The embed code works on other html pages so I know that the code itself is
fine. It seems to be an issue with the way xerte is interprating the code.

Does any one know of a way to fix this.

alternately can some one point me in the direction of the code for the
youtube video embed page so that I can have a go at cloning that and
altering it to be a vshare specific embed page.

Dan