[Xerte] Xerte 2: New Window page

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Jun 20 12:19:19 BST 2011

This morning I down loaded the latest version of Xerte 2.16 to obtain the
missing New Window and Bleeding Image model files.

I have been trying to get the new window to work but there are a few issues.

Line 8 reads

if (pageIcon.templateData.textGraphics[0].url.indexOf('http') == 0){

So I changed that to reference
pageIcon.templateData.newWindow[0].url.indexOf('http')

Then the next few lines confused me.

if (pageIcon.templateData.newWindow[0].url.indexOf('http') == 0){
previewImage = "'" + pageIcon.templateData.newWindow[0].previewImage + "'";
} else {
previewImage = pageIcon.templateData.newWindow[0].previewImage;
}

If I add a url to the xwd form then the if condition is true and
previewImage is set to have ' wrapped around it, in which case no image is
displayed, so nothing to click on.

If I remove the url from the xwd form then the image is displayed but after
a few exiting the preview and returning to the preview, the preview stalls
with a loading xml message.

It seems that you need the ' wrapping to stop the page breaking but then the
image value is not recognised as a valid url by the image icon.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Johnathan