[Xerte] Re: Interesting Problem with Swfs

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 10:50:43 BST 2011

Give it a whirl yes, and please play around with narration set on some of the pages. I've beaten it to death this morning, and can't get it to mess up. I wonder if the youtube chrome-less player has changed? There definitely was a need to call its destroy() but I can't reproduce those issues now.

Let's see what happens. If you're happy to run it with your users, we'll soon see if there are issues! I expect if anything, the issue will be the youtube player not dying when you change page. Previously it was hard to kill if you changed page *before* it loaded, i.e. very quickly, and I remember thinking a the time that *most* users wouldn't do that, but it remained a possibility, particularly for authors quickly skipping through pages as they develop content.