[Xerte] Re: My Learning Object title

Tom Reijnders reijnders at tor.nl
Sat Jun 11 14:57:20 BST 2011

Ok, some of this is history...

1. The title of the learning object (title of the item identifier)  is
hardcoded. It says  "My learning object title". This is what is shown in
the Scorm player.
2. The title of the package (the name of the package) is set to the zip
file name, and some manipulation is done on _, i.e. _ is replaced with '
' (space).
3. Also the title of the generated html file is hardcoded "SCO Example"
in xot.

I changed this in standalone Xerte to be replaced with Items the user
had influence on. So, I chose the name and the title in the XML, because
for Xerte standalone that makes perfect good sense, and is better than
the project name (easier to change by the user).

So when I got involved in XOT as well, I wanted the two to behave the
same, and yes, the XML names are not the most obvious ones, but it seems
silly to do it differently.

So, part of this is caused by my ignorence.

Tom