[Xerte] Re: getText issue

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Fri Jun 10 00:40:48 BST 2011

 BTW thanks for the POST suggestion Pat!

I have a 'text entry' icon that the user types their first name into. This
icon has both an ID and RS value of ' te_firstname'. This is on a form that
gets the users first, last names and email address.

I'm trying to pull the value out of this text field in order to pass it to a
web page to send email, but I'm stuck on getting the value out of this
field:

first = te_firstname.getText();

The variable 'first', which is previously defined, just comes up with
'undefined'.

Am I doing something obvious wrong?

Thanks RonM2