[Xerte] Re: FW: embedding video

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 17:14:26 BST 2011

Not the way we do it. If you had .flvs on another server, and some API to find them and their paths, then you could. That wouldn't have to be complex: it could work just the same way as the youtube stuff:  you say 'what's video with the ID 12345' and the remote server says 'This one: http:///blah.com/file.flv<http://blah.com/file.flv>'. You could do other stuff with the API too, like search a collection of movies, and get a list of matches back, and so on.
Right now, if you know the actual path to an .flv on another server, you can load it and play it in Xerte, by wrapping the path in single quotes in the box, try this if you like...'
'http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/toolkits/USER-FILES/560-cczjrt-Nottingham/media/xerte-promo.flv'