[Xerte] Re: SWF embedding SWF example

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 2 16:23:10 BST 2011

I suspect it is a path issue. When Xerte loads a SWF, the loaded swf’s path is the same as XMLEngine.swf. If the laoded swf expects to find things relative to itself, it will be the directory containing XMLENgine.swf that is the relative location. Have you tried loading the files from the main folder and not /media?

The other problem is if the swf is not expecting to be loaded into another swf, and has been coded on the assumption that it will run alone.

There’s no reason why a loaded swf can’t communicate with a php script.