[Xerte] Can't delete unwanted media from XOT object

Nathan Cobb Nathan.Cobb at eastridingcollege.ac.uk
Thu Jun 2 12:43:25 BST 2011

Hi

I'm finalising a new learning object and I want to clear some unwanted media (images and video) from it as our installation is currently not available externally and initially we will need to export SCORM objects to use it with learners via the VLE.

When I select the "Properties" button on the object and choose the "Media and quota" tab I am presented with a list of items which are part of the object with the size, in use or not and a red cross to delete them.  Clicking the red cross is not allowing me to delete them.

I'm using IE9 by default which has caused a handful of compatibility issues with some sites.  Therefore I tried to do it in Firefox and then Chrome.  Both Firefox and Chrome get me one stage further as they provide a pop-up box asking if I really want to do this.  When I confirm however, nothing happens.

Any ideas?  Do I need to be looking at server side solutions (ie. Php settings etc) or is it something I need to try and find on the Xerte management screens?

Nathan

Nathan Cobb
e-Learning Manager
East Riding College