[Xerte] Display pre-loading graphic

Deborah Delin admin at strivney.com
Thu Jul 28 06:13:56 BST 2011

Hi,

I am using the Text Flash SWF Wizards template.  When entering a new page
one sees the white panel while the SWF loads.  Sometimes the delay is quite
long and I'm worried users will think it's not working and give up.  I tried
a couple of methods of adding pre-loaders to the SWF's but it seems that
idea isn't compatible with Xerte.

In an old post Pat suggested:

Might an idea be to overlay a graphic over your interface, and look for
a loaded event on the interface to hide this graphic?

That might be solving the problem with a new problem though.

Is this a viable idea or is there another way to display a loading
graphic on the blank white panel while the SWF loads? If so could
someone kindly explain (step by step please) how I could do it?

Thanks in advance,

Deborah