[Xerte] XMLEngine.fla - Problems generating XMLEngine.swf

Peter Rainger Peter.Rainger at geneticseducation.nhs.uk
Wed Jul 27 17:34:58 BST 2011

Hi,

I'm attempting to modify the menu icon (which looks like a medical family history icon to us in genetics) by modifying the library item in the XMLEngine.fla however, before I even modify that I'm having problems with the basic conversion of the FLA (from the SVN) to a SWF. Just to check that all works ok before I being any basic modifications to the library images.

I'm using Flash CS4 Professional with the following settings:
(Flash Player 8, Actionscript 2.0, Compress Movie, Include hidden Layers, Access Local files only, Script time limit 15 sec)

However, I get the following compiler errors! (BUT, I have not actually done anything to the FLA yet!)

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=Actions, frame=1, Line 2881
The class or interface 'KeyDetection' could not be loaded.
var keyDet = new KeyDetection();

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=Actions, frame=1, Line 6561
The class or interface 'DistortImage' could not be loaded.
var d:DistortImage = new DistortImage ( this.renderer, this.clip);

When attempting to use the XMLEngine.SWF on object preview the loader just hangs and doesn't work....

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Kind Regards,
Pete