[Xerte] Re: LDAP givenName & sn

Davies, Dale Dale.Davies at liv-coll.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 14:07:41 BST 2011

Hi,

I've updated "givenname" to "givenName" in the following functions
(within login_library.php)...

*         get_ldap_array()

*         get_user_ldap()

*         authenticate_to_host()

The "givenName" and "sn" attributes definitely exists in the Active
Directory and I am able to access them via my own PHP applications, but
for some reason Xerte seems to be ignoring them.  No errors shown in the
Xerte logs or the apache error log.

Another thing I have tried after changing these is to remove the user
account from the Xerte database and try logging in again, but to no
avail.  The user account can log in, but no other data is saved in the
row, just the user id.

Am I looking in the right place (login_library.php) or are there other
places within the Xerte code base that also check LDAP?

Thanks again,

Dale Davies - VLE / E-Learning Developer

Liverpool Community College, CIS Dept, Bankfield Road, Liverpool, L13
0BQ.

Web: www.liv-coll.ac.uk <http://www.liv-coll.ac.uk>

Tel: 0151 252 3238