[Xerte] Re: Scoring in Xerte

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 12:45:57 BST 2011

OK, the way to do it is to bounce your score off xerte from the swfs that set them and then display them in another swf where you retrieve them.

So, in a quiz, or similar you can se the score, in  a place where the other swf can read it:

_level0.engine.debsData.score1 = 99;

Then later on you can retrieve it and work it into a string, and then display it with other scores:

myString = 'score1: ' + _level0.engine.debsData.score1 + '\rscore2: ' +_level0.engine.debsData.score2 ...etc...

I am going where there are no computers and no mobile phone signals with a fishing rod and a mandolin.