[Xerte] LDAP givenName & sn

Davies, Dale Dale.Davies at liv-coll.ac.uk
Wed Jul 27 11:45:46 BST 2011

Hi,

I've set Xerte up on a Linux web server, everything works perfectly
apart from one aspect.  When a user logs in their name is not pulled
into the Xerte users database via LDAP.

I have checked through the code and found login_library.php to contain
"givenname", so I changed this to "givenName".  However this still does
not pull in the name.  We definitely have values stores in those
attributes within the Active Directory.

Am I missing something?  I can't find any solution unfortunately, I
realise this isn't a huge problem as Xerte still works regardless, but
users are unable to search for each other and share/hand over projects.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.  Many thanks.

Dale Davies - VLE / E-Learning Developer

Liverpool Community College, CIS Dept, Bankfield Road, Liverpool, L13
0BQ.

Web: www.liv-coll.ac.uk <http://www.liv-coll.ac.uk>

Tel: 0151 252 3238

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Liverpool Community College or associated companies.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.

The message content of in-coming emails is automatically scanned to identify Spam and viruses otherwise Liverpool Community College does not actively monitor content.  However, sometimes it will be necessary for Liverpool Community College to access business communications during staff absence.

Liverpool Community College has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus free.  However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Liverpool Community College for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.