[Xerte] Re: Setting Focus on the SWF

Deborah Delin admin at strivney.com
Fri Jul 22 11:20:11 BST 2011

Another discovery for the information of this list.  I previously had tried:

getURL("javascript:swfName.focus( );void 0;");
Selection.setFocus(this);

in the SWF but it didn't do the trick.

When I added Dave's suggestion:

 flash.external.ExternalInterface.call("document.getElementById(\"rlo\").focus");

problem was fixed.  I later took out the first bit of code as I thought it
was superfluous and..... problem again.

So, weirdly or not, a combination of the two pieces of code is what solved
the problem:

getURL("javascript:swfName.focus( );void 0;");
Selection.setFocus(this);
flash.external.ExternalInterface.call("document.getElementById(\"rlo\").focus");

When I at m testing on the desktop and get to the page in the rlo which houses
that SWF, two browser windows open up.