[Xerte] zipped LOs

Shirley Crawford shirley.crawford at st-austell.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 09:17:22 BST 2011

Hi

Couple of questions, first of all we Xerte on a hosted server which
appears to be working fine except for the export, when clicking on the
zipped file to download it, displays a webpage full of garbage, it is
not saving as a zipped file - is there something our techi person needs
to do with the installation to put this right?  Have also tried this
using Firefox, still the same problem.

My second question is in relation to the Embedded Learning Materials
which are now on the excellence gateway,
http://rwp.excellencegateway.org.uk/Interactive%20Materials/ we also
have these materials on CD which were issued to colleges,  when you run
some of them IE crashes, same happens when running them from the website
in IE (they work fine in other browsers), as I want them in a Moodle
course and do not know which browser the end user will view them on, I
wondered if there is some way that I can embed the LOs in Xerte.  I have
attached a screen shot of the directory structure for one of the LOs
which crashes.

Shirley

Shirley Crawford
E-Learning Teaching Mentor
Moodle Administrator
(Room J449 Tel:external <tel:external> : 01726 226755 ext 2755)
Cornwall College - St Austell