[Xerte] Re: Setting Focus on the SWF

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 19 15:05:02 BST 2011

Have you got the swf I can try?

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Deborah Delin
Sent: 19 July 2011 15:02
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Subject: [Xerte] Setting Focus on the SWF

Hi,

Sorry, still struggling here.  My game which is controlled with keystrokes doesn't work in Xerte until the screen is clicked.  Pat and Dave suggested setting the focus to the icon that loads the swf.

I added the line:
getURL("javascript:mySWFname.focus( );void 0;");
to the SWF and this seems to have sorted the problem in Firefox but not in other browsers.

Do I need to add code to the loadSWF icon in Xerte?  The icon doesn't seem to have a script option.  Could anyone kindly provide me with a code snippet and tell me where to put it?

Many thanks.

Deborah