[Xerte] Re: The dirty dozen, revealed?

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 15:33:26 BST 2011

A good question: here's a few for starters:

Understanding what properties, methods, events, objects and classes are
Know that objects are made from classes and have a type, and how to create new Objects.
Understand scope.
Using arrays and other collections, particularly XML
Running loops over arrays and other collections, particularly XML
Be able to use conditional statements
Be able to work with strings, numbers, dates and Boolean values
Handle recursion.
Know where the help is, and know how to debug.

Gives you 4 spare slots. I think that covers everything you need to know to code in Xerte.