[Xerte] Google maps template - pedagogical workarounds

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 14:47:21 BST 2011

Hi everybody

in answer to a query on our helpdesk I've put together a learning object
that explores alternative ways of getting the Google maps functionality
on Xerte online toolkits by using alternative templates a little bit
creatively.

http://xerte5.techdis.palepurple.co.uk/play_3617

Interestingly, the more I looked at the alternative ways of displaying
maps the more excited I got about the possibilities; but then I am quite
excitable....

I'm sure there are other things that I've missed so feel free to
outcompete me on this!

Alistair

Alistair McNaught

Senior Advisor

JISC TechDis

C/O The Higher Education Academy Building

Innovation Way

York Science Park

YORK

YO10 5BR

07870567659

Skype: alistair_techdis

http://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk
<http://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk/?utm_source=emailsig&utm_medium=email&utm_
campaign=sitelaunchmail>

Interested in pragmatic inclusion- focused staff development?
See JISC TechDis ITQ for accessible IT practice
<http://www.jisctechdis.ac.uk/techdis/pages/detail/floating_pages/ITQ_Ac
cessible_IT_Practice>  information and taster resource
<http://itq.jisctechdis.ac.uk/mod/resource/view.php?id=5> .