[Xerte] Xerte 2.n - Page Templates New Window Page

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 1 23:06:46 BST 2011

A while ago I tried to use the page and hit some issues that I reported to
this list, but subsequently have not looked at the Page, being busy with
looking at languaging issues for the Page Wizards.

Following a recent post regarding whether there was a Page Wizard for the
New Window page I have updated my Xerte svn and then tried both the

/templates/pageTemplates folder contents

and the

/runtime/wizards/Page Templates.xtp file

to create a Page Templates sourced project with a New Window page.

I have experienced the following after creating a New Window page, adding an
image and a valid url for the page to open a window on.
a) Depending on the size of picture the panel can become displaced as shown
in the attached picture panel.jpg
b) I cannot open a new window, clicking on the picture does not open a new
window
c) The project navigation can become frozen so it is impossible to exit the
page without closing down the preview, I think this occurs after several
attempts to open a window by clicking on the picture.
d) After the navigation becomes frozen and the preview closed, when I
re-preview the project the page load stalls with a loading xml message as
shown in loading.jpg. The only way to get the page to load again is to
completely exit Xerte and then restart Xerte.

Is anyone using this page template successfully?
Are my experiences unique?
If so what am I doing wrong?

Kind regards Johnathan