[Xerte] Re: Drag and drops - close

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 23:38:09 GMT 2011

OK, real close

Text icon properties 200 x 30.

daveid.txt.setSize(200,30); //set the actual text object (txt) to match the icon
daveid.txt.autoSize = "none"; //tell the text object not to resize
daveid.drawBorder(2,0x000000,80); //fill the text icon area
daveid.fillIcon(0xff0000,80); //fill the text icon area

So I get a red object 200 X 30 with the first line of text showing in it.

Now I want to expand it and show all:

daveid.txt.autoSize = "left"; //tell the text object to resize to show all text
daveid.txt._height = daveid.txt.textHeight; //get the height of the text object
daveid._height = 400; // try to expand the icon area to match the new text object height

Unfortunately, this expands the text as well, with the font size jumping radically.
I thought the icon and txt objects were divorced at this point?
Problem because it's a child?