[Xerte] Re: Math Symbols

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 10:59:55 GMT 2011

Use latex in text fields

<tex src="e=mc^2">

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Adam Read
Sent: 21 January 2011 11:00
To: Xerte discussion list (xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk)
Subject: [Xerte] Math Symbols

Hi all

Is anyone using Math / Scientific symbols in Xerte? I've had a request for help from a Maths lecturer who needs to use symbols.

I've had a go using <sub> and <sup> which works in XOT with "allow subscripts" ticked, and also came across an earlier list post pointing out HTML chars which seem to work, but I also came across some reference to Latex.

Does latex work in XOT? Last I read it seemed some service you chaps used had crashed?

If there is an easier way than using HTML syntax then let me know. I guess another alternative would be to use some other software and save them as images.

Cheers, Adam

Adam Read
eLearning Technologist

University College Plymouth St Mark & St John,  Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BH

            Phone:  01752 636700     Web:  www.ucpmarjon.ac.uk

 Principal: Professor Margaret Noble A Church of England College Founded in 1840

University College Plymouth St Mark & St John is a registered charity the trustee

   of which is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 986239