[Xerte] Re: Standard method of preventing caching?

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 09:45:09 GMT 2011

url = 'http://blah.com?' + new Date().getTime();
makes a unique URL to prevent caching.

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Dave Burnett
Sent: 19 January 2011 02:56
To: Xerte list
Subject: [Xerte] Re: Standard method of preventing caching?

Thnx, I'll give it a whirl.

I vaguely remember the old pragma/no-cache and querystring tricks, just wasn't sure where to add them to force as many objects to reload as possible.

You think refreshing the swf will reload any of the called files?
Or shall I need to add random strings to all external calls (which is pretty much everything Xerte displays;-)).

Someone must have run across caching of external text/xml files in the past?