[Xerte] Re: Adding Audio and Graphics to Interactive Elements

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 28 12:40:12 GMT 2011

When you say you are using the Template Wizard are you referring to having
created a Xerte Project by selecting the "Page Templates" project wide
template from the Xerte Templates menu?

If you are using the standalone version of Xerte (i.e. you are not using
Xerte Online Toolkits) then you may find the Page Wizards give you easier
access to the structure of the pages, if you want to add your own features,
modify how a page functions, or even create your own bespoke pages.

Page Wizards are defined in a file with a .xcp extension. They are a zipped
archive that contains a common folder and three files. The common folder
contains any flash objects that are shared across several page wizards e.g.
buttons, panels. The three files are as follows.
The .rlm file defines the icon structure of the page.
The .xwd file defines the wizard form that the end user completes to
populate the page with data e.g. text and data files (graphics, sound,
videos)
The .xml file contains the data entered in the wizard form.

You can learn all about the Page Wizards in the Xerte Wiki which is
accessible from the Community Page of the Xerte web site. Their main
advantage is that they give you full access to the Xerte icon based
development environment whilst also enabling you to take advantage of the
large number of pre-built Xerte pages that are available in the "Page
Templates" project wide template.

Kind regards

Johnathan