[Xerte] Re: accented characters

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 18:06:37 GMT 2011

> I'm pulling in text via an xml file
> Some of the characters (they are within CDATA tags) have accents, ie
> the a in vis-a-vis has grav.
> I've tried vis-à-vis and vis-U+00E0-vis, but get the literals
> showing up in the text icon.
>
> What's the trick?

Numeric entities? I'm just guessing here, but perhaps à might work (good HTML character ref at http://www.alanwood.net/demos/ent4_frame.html). A search for "xml diacritics" might find you something useful - the top hit is a Stack Overflow page (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1485955/a-in-xml-file-is-valid-or-not).

Cheers

Fred

----
This email represents my own personal views and is not at all reflective of policy or opinions at my institution. So there.
----