[Xerte] Re: Issues with Xerte Template Wizard

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 23 10:22:10 GMT 2011

No, it's not the page types that are the issue. It's the order events fire when the piece kicks up.

Try the attached: tell me if it breaks anything else. The logic is like this:

Piece loads, loads all the model xml and builds the xml fr the piece, the first page initialises. If there is narration on it, it fires the 'showAudio' event.

After the piece has initialised, rootIcon broadcasts 'onInit', which is used to handle some other stuff.

Because onInit fires after showAudio, it erases the narration as they share an interaction. If you set erase to false, the narration doesn't hide when turning pages (which is handled by the interaction icon responding to an 'onClosePage' event from rootIcon: the erase setting kills the narration response).

So I've moved onInit to it's own interaction icon in the entry frame. As it only fires once, and does some one time stuff it shouldn't have any impact elsewhere...