[Xerte] Online toolkits - import?

Davo Smith xerte at davosmith.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 17:48:03 GMT 2011

I've been playing around with the Xerte Online Toolkits for a couple of
weeks and have been very impressed (enough to convince our college to host a
copy of it, to see if a few more teachers will take it up).

One thing that is puzzling me though, is that I can't find any way to get an
editable version of a project from one site to another - there seems to be
options to export as a zip/scorm, to share or give the project to someone
else on the same site or to share as XML, but I can't find any option to
Import this back in again.

This would be helpful for a couple of reasons:
1. backup - just in case my hosting hits a glitch, or I accidentally click
'delete' on the wrong item
2. transfer to college's hosted version - I've got a few projects I've
started on my own site; I'd now like to move them to the version in college.

Is this something that is currently possible? Or is it something that will
need further development?

Davo