[Xerte] Re: playing youtube private videos question

Paul Swanson Paul.Swanson at harlandfs.com
Fri Feb 11 18:41:58 GMT 2011

How about storing the videos on the client's site, and protecting the
video folder with a .htaccess file? A PHP application, like Toolkits,
should still be able to access them, but you would not be able to browse
the folder if you set up the .htaccess file like the following:

# disable directory browsing

Options All -Indexes

# prevent folder listing

IndexIgnore *

# prevent access to any file

<FilesMatch "^.*$">

Order Allow,Deny

Deny from all

</FilesMatch>

I don't use Toolkits, but if it uses a PHP script to access the videos,
they should still play. Flash might have a problem, you'll need to test
to find out.