[Xerte] Reset and sound

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 6 18:00:40 GMT 2011

I'm curious about the sound.position value.

I'm using an onEnterFrame to update the position of an audio scrubber

If I call reset(), the sound certainly starts playing from the beginning when I hit play, but until I invoke play(), sound.position reflects the position the audio was in when the reset() was called.

Is there a way on call of reset() to also force the position of 0 to be recognized?
Or is the only way to reload the sound?

I tried

pause()
reset()
play(0)
reset()
pause()

which does set the position to 0, but then the audio proceeds to play. (I'm also not sure why that's happening).