[Xerte] Re: Dictionary Web Service

Fred Riley Fred.Riley at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 11:45:53 GMT 2011

> Does anyone know of or use a decent dictionary / glossary web service
> that I can get or post words to and get definitions back?

Are you looking for a service which you can use to generate, say, popups/tooltips above marked words? Are you looking for English or for other languages? You might the following of interest:

www.wordreference.com - multilingual dictionary with downloadable browser and smartphone widgets
http://www.wordnik.com/
http://www.onelook.com/
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/

Those are starters for ten - I could likely help more if I know what your specs are. I used to work in languages...

Fred

----
This email represents my own personal views and is not at all reflective of policy or opinions at my institution. So there.
----