[Xerte] Re: youtube video size fix, sort of, in toolkits

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Thu Dec 22 01:21:57 GMT 2011

This 'fix' for youtube sizing works too in the desktop version, although it
didn't appear to at first because I made the change only in the _youtube.rlm
file and not in the youtube page in my RLO. This is a published file running
on the web.

I'm not sure what the relationship is between the page wizard icon in the
RLO and the subdirectory which contains the youtube.rlm file on the website.
I had assumed the RLO uses the _youtube.rlm file at runtime, but making the
change there didn't have any effect. When I inserted the snippet below into
the RLO it works. If I rename the subdirectory which contains _youtube.rlm
(which sits in a dir one level below the RLO) the RLO doesn't run properly -
so it needs something out of that directory.

This area is a bit confusing to me - the page wizard appears to import all
the code into the RLO, but the subdirectory which holds _youtube.rlm and the
xml/xwd files are obviously needed as well.

RonM2

// added 2011.12.22 to control video size

engine[ytID].setSize(320,240);

RonM2