[Xerte] Re: Change Flash container size

Kemp Johnathan johnathan.kemp at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 21 12:44:48 GMT 2011

Many of the page templates are designed to the standard Xerte page size so
benefit little from an increase in the project stage size. Many object
dimensions (panels, text icons etc.) have either a preset width and height
or are set to one of several preset dimensions from which the author may
chose (though none intended for a larger display size than the standard
Xerte project size).

If you are using the Xerte 2 Desktop then you are probably using the
pageTemplates project template in which case you could edit the individual
page .rlm files ( in the models folder ) to adjust their dimensions.

To produce templates that accommodate any width and height you need to set
things up relative to the available display space. You can identify the
available height using the following expression

pageHeight = rootIcon.h - (rootIcon.statusBarHeight +
rootIcon.titleBarHeight + rootIcon.titleBannerHeight);

the pageWidth is easier

pageWidth = rootIcon.w;

It is perfectly possible to work this way. The scenario template I am
currently working on automatically adjusts to the stage size as all
dimensions of the display components used have dimensions set relative to
the available height and width.

"Out of the box" desktop Xerte does not currently make it easy to work with
the desktop editor and still have access to pre-defined individual page
templates when you want them. You can import a model file from a Page
Templates based project, but you would then have to edit the references to
the data obtained from the template.xml file. Page Wizards were developed
to provide individual page templates for use in the desktop environment but
they are not currently available from the Xerte Wiki. Once the work on
modularisation is complete it will be possible to open individual page
templates that have their own wizard form in the desktop environment.
Effectively the way of working provided by Page Wizards will become part of
the desktop release. This may provide you with an environment in which it
is easy to work with and modify the existing model files to accommodate
your desired stage size.

Kind regards

Johnathan