[Xerte] Re: youtube movie dimensions

Dave Burnett d_b_burnett at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:56:04 GMT 2011

>nut look at the posts of December 15

2 t's.nutt.

From: knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
To: xerte at lists.nottingham.ac.uk
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:43:02 -0800
Subject: [Xerte] Re: youtube movie dimensions

Thanks Tom. From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Tom Reijnders
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 2:08 PM
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Re: youtube movie dimensions They're not working for me either, nut look at the posts of December 15 to the list about this problem.

Preliminary conclusion then, was that youtube changed something. As far as I know, there is no solution yet, and it is effecting even old previously working LO's.

Tom

Op 19-12-2011 22:49, KnowledgeWare schreef: I’m still stuck on youtube movie sizing. When I enter a youtube movie page the movie is oversized like in the image below to the left. I want it to display in the preview window as the image below on the right. I’d appreciate it if someone could try these links below and tell me if the youtube movie (usually page 7) displays properly in the small preview window or opens right off the page as in the image below left. On all my machines here it is right off the page. http://www.kccsoft.com/RGM/ssv51training/index.htm     (desktop version) https://kccsoft.com/u2c/tk100714/play.php?template_id=410    (toolkits 1.5 version) This just started a few days ago, up until then the page opened with the movie in the preview window. I’m using the youtube older ‘object’ ‘embed’ code. I’ve tried setting the xerte display mode from ‘full screen’ and ‘full window’ to ‘default’, set text alignment to ‘right’ and tried removing the variables off the end of the youtube URL, all to no effect. If you play with the ‘magnify’ icon (click it three times) the movie will resize back into the preview window, but that’s too much to ask a user to do. Is there a way I can initialize the movie size when the page loads or somehow force the size (although it is set in the youtube embed code). Thanks for any suggestions….am I missing something obvious? RonM2  This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

_______________________________________________Xerte mailing listXerte at lists.nottingham.ac.ukhttp://lists.nottingham.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/xerte This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachmentmay still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system:you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with theUniversity of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

-- -- Tom ReijndersTOR InformaticaChopinlaan 275242HM RosmalenTel: 073 5226191Fax: 073 5226196