[Xerte] Video problem in IE8 with .flv

Richards B A (LCSS) brichard at glam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 11:46:35 GMT 2011

Hi,

I've got an intermittent error with .flv files not loading in Xerte in IE 8.

This screenshot shows how the page should look with the video loaded correctly (XerteVideoNoError.png):

[cid:194FA22B-CC7B-4D6D-A22B-AF7B5760D6E9]

This screenshot shows the error (XerteVideoError.png):

[cid:967E4E23-5DD1-42A3-8B41-799C63C8932E]

As you can see the video fails to load and those three graphics appear instead. However, if you navigate through to the next page, then return to the video page, the video will load. Also, this does not happen every time in IE 8.

I've not seen this error in other browsers. The video is a short introduction, a few minutes at most.

Has anybody seen this bug, or similar, before?

Are there any solutions/workarounds?

Thanks

Barry

Barry Richards