[Xerte] 2 questions - displaying documents in toolkits / highest version of swf file

KnowledgeWare knowledgeware at kccsoft.com
Fri Dec 2 20:44:57 GMT 2011

A client is asking for a way to display different type of 'documents' (let's
assume PDF) online then have acknowledgement that the student has read them
(probably with a quick test). I see a 'Flash Paper' icon in toolkits...but
hasn't flash paper been more or less deprecated? Any other efficient way to
display documents?

Can anyone tell me what is the highest version of a swf file that I can run
in xerte desktop or toolkits? If I compile one in CS5 it's not going to run,
correct? I'm wondering what is the optimum version of Flash to be compiling
swfs to run in xerte.I have Flash 2004 MX Pro.

Thanks!

RonM2