[Xerte] Re: installing XOT 1.7

Julian Tenney Julian.Tenney at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 10:21:11 BST 2011

Hmm, you risk getting in a bit of a mess.

Generally you always want the latest engine, preloader, wizard, .xwd files, .rlm files. I always put those live on our server as changes / fixes are made.

Some of the new templates (new window) for example call javascript function in preview_xerte_top.php. The new language support has meant changes to the way content is exported. There are some other dependencies.

I would back everything up, leave your database alone, copy everything new over the top, make sure you preserve the contents of user files, make an offering to your god, and see what happens. It should be OK. I don't think 1.5 -> 1.6 involved any database changes, and 1.6 -> 1.7 certainly doesn't. Going from 1.0 to 1.5 required running setup again.