[Xerte] Re: Developer UnConference

Alistair McNaught Alistair.McNaught at HEAcademy.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 20:06:49 BST 2011

A couple of points to follow up on Johnathan

1) there are a bunch of post grad developers working on different projects for some JISC Techdis related work. I'd like to advertise the Xerte conference to them. It might be that some of them would be very interested in Johnathan's offer.

2) I have some potential wish lists:

Accessibility and usability tweaks
         adding video option in more templates
         allowing subpages to inherit colour changes
         announcing label content to TextToSpeech in matching pairs/timeline interactions
         developing accessibility user guide (AM happy to lead this non-technical bit!)
         matching pairs with images to text, text to image or image to image

That's a start.

Alistair

From: xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk [mailto:xerte-bounces at lists.nottingham.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Kemp Johnathan
Sent: 19 August 2011 18:02
To: Xerte discussion list
Subject: [Xerte] Re: Developer UnConference

Do we have any more information about where it will be held in Nottingham?

Are you able to recommend any local accommodation? If it is being held at the University would it be possible to book a room at the University?

With respect to the agenda. You may recall I raised the possibility of doing something to help On-line toolkit and pageTemplate users to flex their developer muscles by learning how Page Wizards can help them to start down the path of developing in Xerte. Is this something you would want to include during the two days.

If we are going to provide some input to help others improve their skills can I flag a few things I would be interested in if anyone would like to put on a brief session.

a) how to create a simple flash project (swf file) that can receive from xerte and pass back to xerte data and how to call it from xerte.

b) passing data between scorm and xerte

c) anything to do with Xerte 3

Kind regards

Johnathan