[Xerte] Issue Deploying my SCO

Kyle Volle kyle.volle at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 21:57:01 BST 2011

I am packaging my SCO to comply with SCORM 1.2 and if I try to deploy it on
a free/open-source LMS it works perfectly. (Well, the buttons don't render
quite correctly but that is not the issue I'm concerned with at the moment.

When I try to deploy to my company's proprietary LMS (MasteryNet) I get the
error "Error: the file <my_file_name>.rlo failed to load". I've tracked this
error to MainPreloader.swf, as that is the only place that I could find that
throws that particular error message, but I can't seem to figure out how to
correct it.

I don't know if this is related, but my package contains a file called
scormRLO.htm which contains the line:
<script name="APIWrapperFunctions" type="text/javascript">

But my package doesn't contain APIWrapperFunctions.js, it does however
contain apiwrapper.js which I assume is a different name for the same file.

Sorry for the long post, but I didn't want to leave out anything that could
be useful. I really appreciate any help!

Kyle