[Xerte] Sound Files for Xerte

Deborah Delin admin at strivney.com
Wed Apr 27 18:52:04 BST 2011

Hi Johnathan,

Thank you for testing my files and for the useful code snippets for
achieving auto narration in my Xerte pages.

As to my audio files playing in chipmunk mode; they are wavs that I have
converted to MP3's in Audacity with a 40 bitrate (sorry I don't see
reference to Baud rate).  I have used the same sound files to build about
1000 Hot Potatoes exercises which I have on a Moodle platform and there has
never been a problem reported.  So it's a puzzle.  If there is a sound
expert out there who might know why these sound files speed up sometimes in
Xerte  I would be very grateful for suggestions. Or perhaps someone could
tell me how they produce their sound files for Xerte?

With thanks in advance.

Deborah