[Xerte] Narration oddness (Wizards)

Deborah Delin admin at strivney.com
Tue Apr 26 11:13:45 BST 2011

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for sending me the narration test to try out - I can confirm that
it works as expected when tested.  But I am unable to re-create correct
narration on my desktop............

I think my problem may be a version thing because the script that you
mentioned on the getPageID which relates to narration:

*if (pageIcon.templateData.learningObject[0].dialog[0].narration !=
undefined){*
*
*
*  narration = pageIcon.templateData.learningObject[0].dialog[0].narration;*
*
*
*  rootIcon.broadcast('showAudio');*
*  nar.play();*
*}*

doesn't appear in the getPageID script on the learning object I create on my
desktop.  I confirm that I downloaded the latest version of wizards which
you posted to the Wiki on 19/4/11.  This is the script on my getPageID:

*pageIcon = icon.parentNode.clip();*
*
*
*//myXML = new XML(extXML.firstChild.childNodes[rootIcon.getPageIndex() -
pgOffset]);*
*
*
*//pageIcon.templateData = myXML.toObject();*
*
*
*pageIcon.templateData = pageIcon.extXML.toObject();*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*//rootIcon.setTitleText(templateData.learningObject[0].name);*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*ts = STYLES.inputSize;*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*//icon.parentNode.getChildByName('passage').attributes.textSize = ts;*
*
*
*//icon.parentNode.getChildByName('lbls').attributes.textSize = ts;*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*panelWidth = pageIcon.templateData.learningObject[0].gapFill[0].panelWidth;
*
*
*
*if (panelWidth == "Small"){*
*
*
*  panelW = 300;*
*
*
*  textW = 440;*
*
*
*} else if (panelWidth == "Medium"){*
*
*
*  panelW = 450;*
*
*
*  textW = 290;*
*
*
*} else if (panelWidth == "Large"){*
*
*
*  panelW = 600;*
*
*
*  textW = 150;*
*
*
*} else {*
*
*
*  panelW = 760;*
*
*
*  textW = 0;*
*
*
*}*

If I add the script pertaining to narration to my script, the narration
still doesn't show up.  Where am I going wrong?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Deborah